This email looks best with images enabled.
To view this email online, follow this link.

Network Rail
image.

Wales and Western

A message from Michelle 

Hello everyone,

I am writing to tell you that I have taken the difficult decision to resign as Regional Managing Director for Wales and Western. It's been a real privilege to work with you all through the highs and lows of the past couple of years, and while this decision is a real wrench to me, I believe it is the right one for me, my family and the business.

I have discussed this with Andrew Haines who has agreed that Rob Cairns will step in to become interim Regional Managing Director, until a permanent successor can be appointed. I know Rob well and I am confident he will do a brilliant job in leading the region over the coming months. He will take up the position from 1 January.

image.

Michelle Handforth
regional managing director

It has been such an honour to lead this region since joining the business in August 2020. Over that time we have faced an incredible range of challenges, but your support, friendship and good humour has been consistent throughout. I am extremely proud of the achievements we have made together and while times feel tough right now I know that a bright future for Wales and Western lies ahead.

As Rob takes over, I will continue working in Network Rail supporting on specific projects and will remain on the board of DOHL.

Wishing you all the very best in the future.

Michelle

Michelle Handforth
regional managing director

image.

This message was sent to mark.kinsey@networkrail.co.uk using NewZapp. This email is for Network Rail employees only. If this email is no longer relevant to you, please contact us.